Grow your career in the Cloud sector with an exciting position with ECS. One of the fastest growing privately owned Cloud Consulting companies in the UK.
ECS is an established Consultancy specialising in cloud transformation services. Our expert team designs and builds solutions for some of the UK’s most well-known organisations across a wide range of industry sectors. We are always looking for talented and enthusiastic people who share our values to join the team.
There’s no doubt this role is a challenge, so you’ll need to be up for working in an ever changing environment and will be excited by venturing to sometimes uncharted areas. Our projects go to the very root of the organisations we work with so you’ll often be working with lots of different teams to bring cohesion and develop standard working practices.
In return you’ll benefit by getting exposure to a wide range of tools, and Cloud transformation technologies. Recently awarded AWS Partner Status ECS believe that continual development is key to our success. You’ll get the opportunity to learn new technology that you can then put into practice, and become certified on various Cloud (and related) technologies that will help you to develop your own toolkit.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with enterprise level organisation on technically complex cloud transformation projects
- Liaising with senior stakeholders to ensure that best practice is always followed
- Understanding of a variety of cloud providers and their capabilities (AWS/ Azure/ GCP)
- Advocate the use of DevOps/ CI /CD to ensure the seamless transition of services to new environments
- Ensure the delivery of the architected solutions by way of being a trusted advisor to the business
- Be a part of the inception of projects defining the tooling, monitoring and logging systems
What you’ll need:
- Deep understanding of the various types of cloud deployments (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Experience of building and deploying Cloud strategies at a technical level within complex and diverse organisations
- In-depth understanding of containers and containerisation.
- Deep understanding of agile architecture principles to deploy large scale cloud solutions
- Strong DevOps understanding, “Infrastructure As Code” using technology such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible, as well as knowledge of Jenkins, Docker etc.
- AWS Certifications to at least associate level (or similar Azure certification)
- Hands on experience of at least one end to end cloud transformation programme
ECS is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace. We currently have 400 employees and a growing pool of contracted Associates. ECS has its headquarters in Glasgow with offices in Edinburgh, London, Manchester and Pune.
With a significant and increasing pipeline of work, we are looking to recruit highly talented, ambitious and motivated individuals to join us on our journey. It’s an exciting time to join ECS and a great place to work. If you have the skills and experience as stipulated above, can demonstrate a strong level of achievement in your career and want to join a thriving solutions driven organisation where you can continue to develop your skills, we would like to hear from you. Suffice to say, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with your experience and will provide appropriate training to assist you in achieving your goals.
|Job Category||Enterprise Services|