ECS is an industry-recognised player in the Cloud adoption space. Working with some of the biggest enterprise- level organisations in the UK, we are expertly positioned to capitalise on our existing presence in this market sector to ensure that we deliver robust Cloud solutions to our clients.
We are offering you the opportunity to work on these revolutionary projects and really grow your capabilities in the cloud adoption area, learning new skills and gaining recognised qualifications on the way.
What do you need?
You will be passionate about data provision and data management and delivery and keen to grow your skills in within the context of a cloud environment.
All we ask is that you have strong Oracle database administration exposure (ideally to 11g level) preferably within production environments and good Linux/UNIX and SQL skills. You should have an interest in Cloud adoption and be willing to take advantage of full training and development
We will train you in the latest technologies for data management and delivery in data on-premises, cloud, and hybrid environments, giving you exposure to some seriously exciting projects.
At a basic level, you should:
- Understand the data layer and particular areas of potential challenge/risk in the data layer
- Understand enterprise database administration using a leading RDBMS ideally in both a front line support and a project support capacity
- Have system management experience of monitoring, disaster recovery, backup, recovery, upgrade, migration, deployment.
- Have knowledge of SQL, Shell and/or other Scripting languages.
- Have worked in multi-disciplinary project environments (technical support teams, application support teams, development and testing teams)
- Understand how relevant technologies are related, and how they can integrate to support data needs (including DBMS, Storage, Networks, Platforms [Physical, Virtual, Cloud], DevOps).
What will we give you?
We can offer you the chance to work in our fast-paced organisation embracing new technologies. Working with some of the UKs most renowned organisations we constantly challenge the equilibrium and encourage different ways of working, so you’ll need to be adaptable and be able to quickly develop a collaborative approach.
ECS has over 450 employees, a growing pool of contracted Associates, and is headquartered in Glasgow, with offices in Edinburgh, London, Manchester and Pune.
With a significant and increasing pipeline of work, we are looking to recruit highly talented, ambitious and motivated individuals to join us on our journey. It’s an exciting time to join ECS and a great place to work. Suffice to say, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with your experience and will provide appropriate training to assist you in achieving your personal goals.
This is a permanent position to work from our London office.
|Job Category||Enterprise Services|